- 2 pounds sirloin steak, cut into cubes
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons of your favorite dairy free “butter”
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large onions - chopped
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 package fresh mushrooms – sliced
- 3 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- egg noodles
Cube the beef and rinse in water. Then in batches, dredge in flour (a sandwich bag works best for me).
In a skillet, heat oil and butter over medium heat. Add dredged beef, one batch at a time; brown on all sides, and then set aside in a separate plate. With your remaining roux in the saucepan, add onions and mushrooms and sauté until tender. Then add broth, basil, salt and pepper, and Worcestershire sauce. Cook on medium-low until mixture thickens, about 10-15 minutes. Serve over egg noodles.
***Using plenty of flour allows the mixture to become thick enough that you do not need sour cream.