- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 (1.27 ounce) packet fajita seasoning
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 poblano pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 large onion, cut into thin strips
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can seasoned black beans
- 1 dash hot sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 package of tortillas
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Place chicken in the hot oil; cook, stirring only occasionally, until brown, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle fajita seasoning over the browned chicken and stir well to coat. Add the red and green bell pepper, poblano pepper, and onion to the seasoned chicken. Stir and cook over medium heat until the vegetables are soft, about 10 minutes.
Add the fire roasted tomatoes, and black beans with the chicken and vegetables. Bring up to a simmer and keep uncovered for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season the mixture with hot sauce, salt, and pepper to taste before serving.
Add heaping spoonful of mixture to the tortilla or flatbread of choice and fold burrito style. Be prepare to eat this with a fork and knife.
***The heartiness of the mixture will make up for the lack of cheese or sour cream. But if you are missing your dairy, sprinkle in shredded veggie slices for that authentic feel.