- 3 skinless, boneless large chicken breasts - chopped
- 1 medium onion - chopped
- 4 fresh green chili peppers – cleaned and diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- 2 (19 ounce) cans cannellini beans - drained and rinsed
- 2 containers white mushrooms - chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped (optional)
Combine chicken, onions, peppers, spices, and broth in a 5-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
After melding all day, uncover, return heat to high, and stir in beans and mushrooms. Let meld for additional 15-20 minutes, or until mushrooms are at desired tenderness. Top with green onion and serve.